Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BAXTER AND THE MUFFINS

So.  Last Friday, as you may recall, Baxter ate a bunch of muffins off our kitchen counter.  He is doing fine now, as you can see.



Actually, he didn't eat as many muffins as we had originally thought.  That night, when I finally went upstairs to bed, I pulled back my covers and found this.


Baxter had "buried" a muffin in my bed.  Right on my pillow.   He had even pulled the covers up over it.  (Yes, I do have goldfish printed sheets.  That's a story for another post). 

Of course, we all had to howl with delight and hug the dog because we were so overwhelmed with his little doggy burying cuteness.

Then we wondered if any other muffins might be found around the house.  They were.

This easy chair is in a quiet corner in our house.  The muffin was tucked in like this.  Two days later, when my younger son was building a fire in the fireplace, he found another one in the wood basket on the hearth.  That makes three that we have found hidden.  Each of them had little teeny teeth marks on them where Baxter had gently carried them to their secure hiding place.

So that means I made him throw up for just four muffins.  Or maybe even less if we eventually find some more muffins buried around here.  The house is such a clutter filled disaster they could be anywhere.

I hope we find them before any mice do.



No comments:

Post a Comment