Monday, February 11, 2013

How I Spent My Blizzard

All of us in New Jersey were in full panic mode last week with the onset of Nemo The Blizzard.  This is what it looked like on Friday morning when I drove the kids to school at 7:30 a.m.


Just a few flakes on the windshield.  The kids got out of school early.  This is how it looked when my oldest walked Baxter at 3 p.m.


Still not too bad. 

This is how it looked at bedtime.



Yes, super cozy.  Inside, we were doing this:



And playing "Fact or Crap" -- a super fun family board game.  My children did not fight at all during that game, nor did they tease, roughhouse, spit chips by accident when they talked or knock anything over.

Then overnight, we got more snow.  Usually, my favorite part of snow is sledding with my kids, but now they're old enough to sled on their own, with their friends.  I need some mom friends that want to go sledding.  Anyone?

I made my youngest go sledding with me, even though he had already been sledding with his friends for 2 hours.  We had a lot of fun.  And then he made me this.


It's a snowball in the shape of a heart.

I love snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment