Thursday, September 13, 2012

TOO MUCH TOO SOON

I was in the checkout line last week grabbing a few last-minute items for dinner, and I saw this.



No.  People ... please ... no.  Are we really going to start talking about Christmas?  I still have swim goggles on the floor of my car.  Seeing this




is bad enough.  I don't want to think about Halloween costumes, even though my kids do.  Before you know it, people are going to have scarecrows on their lawn, and mini-haystacks, and pumpkins, and all other manner of autumnal decorating.  That's bad enough, but ...





Holiday baking?   I am begging you, do not use "cookie" and "swap" in the same sentence until November 1st.


I still have beach towels in my laundry bin from Labor Day weekend.  I push my face into them and smell the chlorine just before I wash them, so I can have one last scent of summer.  Yes, I am pathetic, thanks for noticing.

Are you thinking about the holidays?  Am I the only one that still wishes it was summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment