Friday, March 29, 2013

FOOT WASHING ON HOLY THURSDAY

So, I walked my dog Baxter first thing on Thursday morning as I always do.  When we came back in the house I realized that his paws were really muddy.  Not just wipe-with-a-paper-towel muddy -- they were rinse-in-a-bowl-of-water muddy.


So I got a bowl of water.





Baxter did not like the idea.  He was hard to pin down.  (See how gross that water is?)





But gradually he gave in.  And then I realized ... it is Holy Thursday and I'm washing feet!   Baxter is letting me be his servant!

I hummed the "Servant Song" as we washed.

"Will you let me be your servant?
Let me be as Christ to you?
Pray that I may have the grace to
Let you be my servant, too"



He did not enjoy my singing, but he did stay still.  I did all four paws.  He was clean enough to jump on the furniture ... which he promptly did.

Later, he hopped up into my lap and snuggled me.




I let him be my servant, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment