Monday, March 11, 2013

TOO MANY COFFEE MUGS

We have too many coffee mugs.


This isn't even the full number.  These are just the ones in active rotation.  I love coffee, and drink it everyday, but still, I don't need 25 mugs.  So which ones should I throw away?


Not this one.  My mom got that for me as a souvenir when we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art together.  I think of her every time I use it.  We both love shoes.

Not this one.  One of my sons gave it to me for Mother's Day years ago.  I will never ever ever ever ever ever throw it away and I still get a thrill every time I use it, even though I'm not sure which son gave it to me and I'm sure the boys can't remember, either.

Mother's Day is my very favorite holiday.  More than my birthday, and certainly more than Christmas.

I can't throw this one away.

This is my husband's Buzz Lightyear coffee mug.  We all gave it to him one year for Father's Day.  One of my boys was Buzz Lightyear for Halloween for about 6 years straight.  I used to have Buzz Lightyear costumes in all sizes from 2T to 6.   My husband uses this mug only Saturdays - it's his fun weekend mug.  We can never ever throw it away.

This was my father-in-law's mug.


His name was Omer, and everyone called him "O", and my mother-in-law made this for him when she took a pottery class.  We're never throwing that away.

Are you beginning to see the problem?

We have cups that dear friends have given us, cups from a trip to Greece, cups that match our bowls, cups that have our kids' names on them.  I have just given up deciding which ones to throw away and instead think of various uses for them.  For instance, a mug is perfect for milk when you are dunking a cookie.  Or you can use it to hold water at your bedside ...


like my son does with this mug his grandmother gave him.  I am never throwing that away.  However, I would like to throw away that grody chipped bedside table just as soon as I can get a different one.

Actually, I could use a mug for wine ... but ... I don't need to, because I also have too many wineglasses.

I am one lucky gal.



No comments:

Post a Comment