Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I LIVE WITH BOYS

Yes, I live with boys.  Two teenage boys.  (Also a husband and a male dog.)  Boys have special ways of doing things. 


For instance, they like to keep a basketball on a decorative arm chair in the living room, just in case they need it.  Or ...


They tend to leave their homework, laptop and MAD Magazine right in everyone's way when they suddenly realize they're starving and race off to the kitchen to eat, which is every 45 minutes.  

Do you know what these are?

If you answered "Size 10 athletic socks that were peeled off of some sweaty feet and tucked into the sofa under that person's rearend while they watched TV " - then, congratulations!  You are correct.


Here's what is next to that sofa.  Three remote controls, a cordless phone, a cell phone, two calculators and a couple of decks of Yu Gi Oh cards.  This is so that we can push as many buttons as possible when we relax on the sofa.  (If you know why the calculators are next to the Yu Gi Oh cards, I think you live with boys, too.)  I often find a banana peel on this table as well.

Please notice, underneath the gadgets, the DVD "Call The Midwife".  You see, a girl does live here.

So guess what?  I had my husband paint the laundry room bright pink.  I might as well feel girlie as I wash and match those stinky socks.  Pictures of the laundry room next time!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the LOL again! It's just like my life every day when I set out to tidy up the house. Banana peels included! I have a 17 yr. old boy and a 14 yr. old girl who plays basketball. Same thing as two boys.

    ReplyDelete