Saturday, July 20, 2013

TWO DOWN - ONE TO GO!



Wednesday, July 17 - the culmination of all our hard work over the past four months!  "Perfect Mothers" had two fantastic readings.   It was a mad dash of rehearsals - and Nancy Opel was a true champ for jumping in and learning her part so quickly.  She was terrific, and so was the rest of our cast:  Adriane Lenox, Kenita Miller, Jenn Colella, Amy Bodnar.  Their talent and dedication during the days of rehearsal and rewrites inspired me to work harder and better than I thought I could.  It has been a true privilege. 

I got flowers.  They were so beautiful and expensive looking that for a brief moment I got mad at my husband for spending money.  Then I discovered - they were from my mom, dad, brother and sister!  I love them!   The card is from my husband and kids.



After the second show I drove home to New Jersey and celebrated with my family at the diner.  They sell cocktails at our neighborhood diner!  I had a whiskey sour and a grilled cheese.  If that doesn't say "post-show happiness" I don't know what does.








               Curtain up in 25 minutes! Here with Pam Lobley and Shelley Butler...

Here are Shelley Butler (left, director) and Tina (center, composer) and myself on opening day.  Shelley has been incredible and Tina and I feel so lucky and grateful for all her hard work and amazing insights into our show. 

However, I need a haircut.  I look like Richie Sambora.

One more performance tonight.  Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment