Wednesday, March 18, 2015

THINKING SPRING

"In the spring, a young man's fancy turns to love."

Actually, that's not the right quote.  The line is from the poem "Locksley Hall" by Lord Alfred Tennyson.  It goes  --

"In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love" ...

It's a charming phrase, but not that happy a poem.  Read it if you must, but you may need a drink afterward, or at least a stroll on the moors.

My thoughts are lightly turning to spring, or at least they're trying to.

I'm thinking of spring cleaning ...

 and cleaning out the front closet ...
and bringing my herb garden back to life ...


which I guess I could start by just putting away the garbage can that was rolling around in the driveway in the high winds of yesterday.  I'd also like to put a window box here ...


to grow some parsley and cilantro that the bunnies and hedgehogs can't get to. 

Oh dear.  I'm expecting a lot of spring.  I'm going to need a drink AND a walk on the moors.  I know just wine I'm going to choose to get me in the mood for warmer weather ...

I tried it last week.  It's delicious.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment